2007年10月23日 星期二

An Excellent Experience

Last Sarturday, I was invited to the National Concert Hall where my friend performed on the baritone.

I went to the National Concert Hall with my high school friends, and felt so excited about her performance. This show was held by the brass band of National Tawian Normal University, called 北國秋夜─百年慶典. We looked for our seats, looking forward to the begining of the performance. Then the members of the band appeared, and I saw my friend! When conductor bowed to the audience, the music programme started.

I could not help but immersed myself in the touching melody. Among those 11 tunes, "Medley of Four Russian Folk Songs-I. Podmoskovniye Vechera(莫斯科郊外的夜晚) II. Kalinka(繡球花) III. Katyusha(卡秋沙火箭砲) IV. Volga Boat Song(伏爾加船歌) "was the song I loved most. Besides the perfect performance of the band, there were Mezzo Solo:Yang Ai-lin and Baritone Solo:Chen Rong-gui. When the mezzo soprano and baritone sang with the wind instruments, it was a flawless performance I experienced.

And, of course, as the show ended, the audience broke into rapturous applause and shouted out "encore." They really played one more song, and got a widely acclaimed appreciation.

Even now, the melody still haunts me.

沒有留言: